Title: Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
Author: Cameo Renae
Star rating: 1.5 stars.
So what's it about?
Emma awakes in hospital as the only surviver of a car crash that claimed the lives of her parents.
She is then whisked away to Alaska by an aunt she has never met.
Secrets and an ancient prophecy come to light.
Love it or hate it?
I really wanted to like this book because the concept is interesting, however, there were many things that ruined the book for me:
* Certain words were repeated far too many times such as 'Asian eyes' and 'handsome'.
* Emma was not likeable and called her friends immature which I thought was a bit harsh.
* The immediate attraction to Kade was a bit over the top for me. I would have preferred it if the attraction had become more intense over time.
* Emma seems to forget about her parents almost immediately. Not once did she think about when the funeral was going to be.
* The Super Darkling had a missile launcher. Seriously? Where would he have gotten that from?
Overall this was a disappointing read that at times made me want to bang my head in frustration. Nice idea but poorly executed.
Note - I was provided a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Indie Inked and Cameo Renae.